The Village Hall is administered and managed by the Washington Village Memorial Hall Charity (Charity No: 278148). The Trustee Board of the Charity is responsible for the overall administration and management of the Village Hall.
The policy documents of the Trustee Board are available on this website: Our Policies
The Trustee Board
The Trustee Board consists of the following trustees of the Charity:
- 4 elected members
- Nigel Baker – Chairman
- Pat O’Shea – Secretary
- Rob Gerig
- Lorna Goldsmith
- 2 co-opted members
- Neil Manser – Vice Chairman
- Pauline Stephenson
- Representative member of Washington WI
- Irene Thomson
In addition the Treasurer, Moira Gerig, and the facilities manager, Bryon Winslade, attend Committee meetings.
The elected members are elected each year by the residents at the Annual General Meeting. All trustees hold their positions until the next Annual General Meeting.
For information about the volunteers who constitute the Trustee Board see volunteering.
The Trustee Board meets regularly at the Village Hall. Minutes of these meetings are available on this website: minutes of meetings.
The day to day running of the Village Hall is delegated by the Trustee Board to a number of operational teams manned by volunteers, who give their time freely. The Trustee Board pay for caretaking and cleaning of the Village Hall.
The operational teams are:
- Booking Team. The team take calls on the Village Hall booking number and provides advice on what our Village Hall offers and its availability.
- Customer Management Team. The team is responsible for working with every customer to ensure they receive excellent service.
- Digital Infrastructure. The team is responsible for developing and managing all digital tools used to support the day to day running of the Village Hall; e.g. the website, Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram.
- Event Management. The team is responsible for identifying and managing all fund raising events for the Village Hall.
- Facilities Management. The team is responsible for the management and maintenance of the Village Hall building.
- Marketing. The team is responsible for the Village Hall brand and all publicity for the Village Hall and its events.
- New Business. The team is responsible for bringing new bookings to the Village Hall from individuals, businesses and organisations.
- Partner Management. The team is responsible for setting up partnerships with businesses to offer goods and services to the customers of the Village Hall.
For information about the volunteers who work in the operational teams see volunteering.